Getting to Zumbro
There is no known / assigned / reliable physical address for the Zumbro Endurance Run race start at the Zumbro Bottoms Management Unit – in our experience using THIS GOOGLE MAPS LINK https://goo.gl/maps/ZNQ1of3cYec8x8fF8 will get you to the race start without issue but since the race takes place in a fairly remote area (with limited cell coverage once you are in the Zumbro River Valley), you should have a backup plan. Below you will find written directions from the Twin Cities / Minneapolis – St. Paul area of Minnesota, we suggest that you print these directions and bring them with you.
If the roads are dry and clear of ice and snow, feel free to follow the route Google Maps gives you. If there is any ice or snow on the roads be sure to take the route that brings you through the town of Theilman (avoiding the worst of the super steep gradients of the minimum maintenance gravel roads that lead info the management unit.) Please be very respectful of the town by driving very slowly through town.
Written Driving Directions to Race Start:
• From the Twin Cities take Hwy 52 South to Zumbrota
• Take the 60 EAST (NOT West) exit toward Zumbro Falls and Wabasha
• After stop sign in Zumbro Falls go another 12 miles on 60 to Cty Hwy 4
• Turn right on 4, go about 3.6 miles to Theilman
• Turn left (East) on Cty RD 86, go about 3 MI, keeping right at all intersections
Alternate Route (and very scenic):
It is also possible to come from the Twin Cities down Highway 61 through Hastings, Red Wing & Lake City
• After going through Lake City turn right on Cty Hwy 4 and go South
• At stop sign for Hwy 60 (about 6.5 miles) continue straight on 4, go about 3.6 miles to Theilman
• Turn left (East) on Cty RD 86, go about 3 miles, keeping right at all intersections